Monday, June 11, 2007

My first day.



It didn't start of to well. I thought I was being smart by leaving my apartment 45 minutes before I had to be at Tracy Locke. I had everything planned out. I knew what roads to take and where the office was located. To my surprise traffic was a whole different story. I panicked. I called Tracy Locke but no answer. All I could think of was, "It's my first day and I'm going to be that girl. That girl that runs late on her first day." But my luck prevailed. I pulled into the parking lot five minutes before 9:00. SUCCESS!

Things got off to a slow start like most first days. There's the typical paper work, the tour of the building, phone procedures, you know the whole drill.

Lunch went well. My supervisor and his boss took me to a little Italian shop in Wilton. We discussed the industry and where things looked to be heading. I told them about the Adcenter and the track that I was in. It was then that I realized the day was quickly becoming better.

After lunch I had my first assignment. I had to look up movies and documentaries that featured chocolate, coffee or both. Needless to say by 5 o'clock I wanted a heavy dose of caffeine. Thinking my day was coming to an end I realized I was wrong.

My supervisor wanted me to accompany him to a creative meeting. A real creative meeting? Fantastic! I didn't have any place to be and what a cool opportunity to see how a commercial was coming together.

I arrived home at 7:07. What a day. What a good first day. I finally felt like I was in a "real" internship. I was no longer filing copies, organizing media kits, or making the dreadful coffee run, I was valued.

My day has yet to end.

No comments: